Pages

Tuesday 13 June 2017

Tukumarie - Our Poem!

WALA: The value Tukumarie and how to make wise choices.

Today both Room 9 & 10 learnt more deeper into the meaning of one of our values "Tukumarie"(Tolerance). The definition of Tolerance in my mind is to respect other people's differences and beliefs, and accepting your different peers for where them and their family/ancestors originate from. Something I enjoyed about the task and discussions we had today was that it kind of brang both classes closer as peers and also this has helped me think deeper and harder about the decisions and choices I've been making lately and I'm starting to rethink the goals I've set myself. Something I didn't really enjoy was the parts where our teachers had shared with us that peers from my classroom were being bullied and picked on because of their ethnicity. I enjoyed today's session and hopefully we could come back on it and recap on everything we've learnt and discovered.

Please leave a comment on my blog,
Many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment