Pages

Wednesday 26 October 2016

Follow Up Task - Reading

WALT: think critically about texts with increasing understanding and confidence.
This week for reading, our article is based on a teenager named Brando whose goal was to walk around the coast of Aotearoa. He had a lot of support while doing this. Reasons why he chose to do this? Well first of all because it was one of his goals and other was to fundraise for the "Ronald McDonald House" at Auckland Hospital. In the end, he succeeded. He was so proud of himself, his family was proud of him also. After reading through the text 3x, our task was to "write down three things you've learnt about yourself over this past year". I've completed my task. Here it is below : 


          "What are three things I've learnt this year?"   
        
Well the first thing would have to be my new Kapa Haka waiata and our new haka.
Some of the new waiata that we've learnt over the past few months are "Ko Waiata", "Kiko Tirohia", "Tena Ra Koutou" and more. The haka that we've been learning is "Manini Waka" and soon to be another one. Kapa haka has been such a fun experience this year especially since we've met 2 new wonderful tutors, Waiama & Tamehana. Wai is so funny and bright, she is a tutor-in-learning and she's just so fun to be around. Tame is so serious but really really fun at times. Unfortunately Tame had to move to Hamilton for his university stuff. Hopefully we see more of him in the future. They both went to the Aotearoa International Kapa haka Competition with their whanau kapa haka. They've been pretty successful. Waiama went to italy, rome, dubai and many other places to perform for different groups. She said she had such a blast. One thing that I've struggled with this year while being in kapa haka would have to be interacting with my peers. I'm so use to my old kapa haka group and the people in it, I found it really hard to get use to the people I had to work with. In the end I got use to everybody and now I've settled in completely. It's getting better now. In the middle I actually started to dislike it because all my main friends had moved away. But in the end they all came back. I really enjoy kapa haka now, I can't wait to wear our new costumes at our end of the year "Fia Fia In The Park".

The second thing would have to be technology. This year was pretty different to what happen last year with technology. Instead of having our technology here at school, we moved it to Tamaki College. To attend technology, we had to pay the fair which was $40. Fortunately I paid my fair in term 4 so I was fine. The three groups each year 7 & 8 student has to attend at technology is Cooking, Hard Materials and Graphics. The groups that I've fully complete and attened are cooking and hard materials. I am now in the middle of Graphics with Miss Ferguson. In cooking we made delicious meals. In hard materials I made a pewter necklace out of medal. The design I chose to do was a star. Reason for that? Well the idea of the necklace was to choose someone special in your life to make it for and I chose my brother Arapeta. My brother was like my hero and my superstar. He was kind of like a rugby star so I linked everything up and make connections with it. I really enjoyed technology this year. One thing I think I need to work on would have to be being prepared for technology every thursday morning. I seem to be coming into class at the wrong times and getting myself into trouble so hopefully I can change that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment