Pages

Thursday 20 October 2016

Celebration Reflection

WALA celebrations.
This week in class we've been learning about Celebrations.
We did a bus stop activity with heaps of different groups with heaps of different questions.

Here are some of the questions we had to answer:

What is celebrating and what does it mean?
Celebrating means spending quality time with your family, celebrating things in a traditional way and doing things special.

Why do we celebrate?
Because it's a way of remembrance, a day of tradition and a day of family.

How do I celebrate?
FOOD, GAMES & FAMILY.

How does celebrating me you feel?
For me, it makes me feel loved and welcomed when celebrations are happening.

How does celebrating help us in our learning?
Celebrating helps us with cultural language weeks. For example like week, how we're celebrating Niuean Language Week.

How do our values help us celebrate?
By showing "Tukumarie" at different celebrations by respecting all different cultures.

When do we celebrate?
For me three of my most important dates are 25th December, 1st January and 12th June. Christmas, New Years & Matariki ( Maori New Year )

Is Celebrating Important?
Of course celebrating important because as I said, it's a time of remembrance, and a time of quality time with your family and friends.

There are the questions and some answers for you.
I hope you enjoyed reading.
Please leave a comment on my blog.
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment