Pages

Thursday 15 September 2016

...Imaginative Writing...

WALT improve our writing skills by focusing on Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling.
This week we've been writing imaginative stories.
We were giving a range of options of what topics we want to write about.
Here is what I chose.
Here is my story below:

...Imaginative Writing…
! Boss !

Today I was selected to play as principal at tamaki primary school because unfortunately, the real principal was in an accident and cannot make it in for a while. I was so stoked when I heard the news. I was going through my wardrobes and drawers looking for the best outfit to wear. I just couldn’t choose. “Ahhhhhrrr, here we go, the PERFECT outfit”. I chucked on my outfit and started on my make-up. As I was looking in the mirror, making myself look “PERFECT”, I looked into the reflection of it and spotted a beautiful, bright blue dove sitting on the edge of my windowsill. I dropped my contour brush and just smiled. I closed myself and said to myself “It’s going to be okay”. When I was ready, I walked out to my car and remembered that I left my keys on my dressing table so I had to run back in real quick. When I entered my room I walked over to my dressing table and my keys were not there. I was going crazy, I couldn’t find them. I looked under my bed, in my drawers, even in my toilet, they were nowhere to be seen. Finally, I found them.They were in the pockets of the jeans I wore yesterday. I ran out to my car and started it up. It was 8:49am. I was so worried. I didn’t wanna be late on my first day. I rushed so quickly. When I entered the gates I gave it my biggest sigh ever, i “AAAAHUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”. I was so ready. I walked up the door thinking to myself, “I wanna create a fun environment, I wanna create new things & new projects for all students, but mostly I wanna create memories that’ll stay in these school grounds forever”.The paintings were so nice & bright, what a happy,loving school. NEKK MINUTE.

When I entered the room, all I saw was 2 rugby balls flying in the air. There were students running around and throwing stuff at each other. There were banana peels and apple cores on the floor and there was graffiti everywhere. I didn’t really understand how people could work or learn in such a horrible environment. I went straight to the office. “Good Morning, how can I help you?” Says the lady sitting at the desk. “Oh Kia ora,I’m the new acting principal while Rhonda is absent”. I replied. “Oh yes, follow me through here” she said and off we went. I was expecting a trashed, messy office but suddenly, it felt like I was in a room of heaven. There was a glass table with bright sparkles reflecting off. The desk was pure white with no dirty marks or fingerprints. The walls were full of pure beauty and everything was just HOH. I was so speechless. “Thank you for bringing me in, you can leave now”. “Uh yes, but remember, your speech is in 15 minutes”. I was so nervous about performing a speech at assembly. I set myself up for my day and made my way to the hall. I was so scared. I didn’t know what to do…….

When I walked in everybody started clapping and it made me feel a bit more confident. I walked up and I felt my feet shaking. I had the biggest urge to scratch my foot. It’s like the devil was biting on my leg. I wanted to throw my heal at it. My hands started shaking and my face started turning red. “Kia, kia, Kia ora kids, My name’s Miss……...BLAHHHHH ! It was so embarrassing. I vomited on all the kids in the front row. I didn't know what to do.I ran out of the room, got in my car and went straight home. I jumped in my bed and started crying. How did this suddenly perfect day end up to be the worst day ever. I just sighed and fell asleep. I woke up in the morning and called the school. I left an apology but suddenly the lady on the phone says…..”It’s fine dear, every new teacher is nervous at our school, especially with those wild animals looking at them. We understand if you cannot make it in but it would be nice if you did”. It was such a big relief to see such a positive reaction from somebody. I thought to myself for a little while and made my decision…..I put an outfit on and made my way back to the school.

When I entered the school, it was spotless. Everything looked tidy, there were no balls in the air, no food on the ground and all the graffiti was gone. I went into the office and had the biggest welcome from all the staff members. It was such a relief. I got into my office, did all my work, every break time, students would come up to me and welcome me in the kindest way possible and by the time it reached 3 o'clock the same smile was on my face as I entered the doors.

When I got home, I jumped in my bed and thought to myself “Woah, perfect does suck, after all this time, I was trying my best to be perfect where I forgot that whatever you do and wherever you go remember……ALWAYS BE YOURSELF because nobody is perfect!

The End x
By Frances

I hope you enjoyed my story...
Please leave a comment on my blog.
Churry


No comments:

Post a Comment