Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Swimming


WALT practise our swimming skills.

Today in swimming, we practised our Backstroke skills and our freestyle skills. Our instructor was not present so somebody else took us for lessons. I did not catch her name unfortunately. In my group is James, Jason, Hereani, Sifa, Irys, Ana, Vuni and I. Our main focus was backstroke. We used the boards to support us. We also tried to do backstrokes with our hands by our sides and only using the strength of our legs. I kind of struggled at the beginning but I got the hang of it in the middle. I really enjoyed freestyle because it’s one of my swimming strengths. I also enjoyed doing dolphin dives. To be very honest, I didn’t really enjoy doing all the backstroke because the water kept on going up my nose and I could feel people looking at me and it really put me off. Hopefully next time we could have some free time and doing some of our own ways of swimming. For example, I really enjoy doing dolphin dives when going down and then going right to the bottom then swaying side to side with my arms. It helps me breathe under water.

Here are some photos of our previous sessions.




I hope you enjoyed my reflection.
Please leave a comment on my blog.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Frances
    I really enjoyed reading your reflection it was simple and I liked the pictures you used as well. You used good describing saying you learnt different types of skills of how to swim.

    I am looking forward for more, great work

    ReplyDelete