Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2017

QuickQure Runout!

IALT: use graphs to describe the relationship and devise and use problem solving strategies.


Today in our whole class maths session the word problem was about a father & a daughter who both went to the Pharmacy and bought themselves different bottles of Cough Medicine. The father's bottle had 300ml and the daughter's had 90ml. What we had to try and find out was who would run out first. At the end we realised they both finish the medicine on the same day. Something I enjoyed about this task was that I was able to solve & answer the problem within a suitable time and I also accomplished a personal goal of mine which was being able to solve a algebra problems without using tables. Something I found a bit difficult AT FIRST was being able to explain my answers to my peers but after I kept repeating myself it became easier for me to stand up and share my thinking with the class.

Please leave a comment on my blog,
Many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment